Triple Crown is not a sanctioning body, but in several events will follow basic ASA rules with one modification. This modification relates to the playing lineup.
Triple Crown allows the use of an EP/EH and the DP/Flex in the same lineup, if your team chooses to use this option.
Click here for a sample of lineups you can use during a game, if applicable.
(*Please note that each tournament and/or event may have its’ own set of rules, exceptions, and variations. Please see specific tournament details and rules below)
1. Game Time Limits: 1 hour 30 minute, finish the inning
2. Run Rule for ALL age groups: 10 runs after 4, 8 runs after 5
3. It is NOT free substitution or bat your lineup during any game. Each team will need to turn in a lineup at the home plate meeting.
See TC Lineup options on the website under Rules (Straight 9, DP/Flex, 10 hitters, DP/FLEX/EH options)
4. Basic ASA rules with TC modifications
5. ALL GAMES will flip for home team
6. Game balls will be provided
7. Championship Games will be 1:45 time limit or 7 innings
8. Umpires will have ONE scorecard at the beginning of each game given to them by the TC site director. Coaches are to verify the score after the game. TC site directors will enter the score provided to them from the scorecard from the game umpire.
9. NO PROTEST TOURNAMENT
10. Coaches and/or spectators who have been asked to leave the game, must immediately remove themselves from the field and go to the parking lot. Coaches then must sit out the following game. If the person does not listen and fights with the request of the removal , the site director has the right to forfeit the game.
11. No player can play on two rosters during this event. If this is brought to the attention of the event director in a timely manner, the event director has the right to remove the team from the event.
Triple Crown Pool Play Rules- Two-Way tie (Same Pool): 1. Win/Loss Record, 2. Head to Heat, 3. Total Run Differential, 4. Least Runs Allowed, 5. Most Runs Scored, 6. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD) 7. Coin Flip. Three-Way tie (Same Pool): 1. Total Run Differential, 2. Least Runs Allowed, 3. Most Runs Scored, 4. Last Actual Run Differential (LAD), 5. Coin Flip. IMPORTANT: 1. Maximum Run Spread per game is 7, regardless of score, 2. Forfeits will be scored 7-0.